IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
This exercise is a companion lab for the x86 Assembly Language and Shellcoding on Linux course on Pentester Academy. This lab can be used along with the following videos from the course:
- Setting up the Lab
- Getting the CPU Info on Linux
- IA-32 Architecture Basics
- IA-32 Architecture Exercise
- CPU Modes and Memory
- Hello World in Assembly
- Hello World GDB Exercise
- Data Types
- Moving Data
- Understanding the Stack
- Arithmetic Operations
- Multiplication and Division
- Logical Instructions
- Control InstructionsLoop Exercise
- Saving CPU State
- String in Assembly
- Libc and NASM
- Shellcode Basics
- Writing Exit Shellcode
- Hello World Shellcode using JMP-CALL-POP Technique
- Hello World Shellcode Stack Technique
- Execve JMP-CALL-POP
- Execve Shellcode Stack Technique
- XOR Encoder and Decoder
- Using Metasploit's Encoders
- Simple NOT Encoder
- Insertion Encoder
- XOR Encoder Decoder using MMX Registers
- Analyzing 3rd Party Shellcode
- Analyzing Shellcode with Libemu
- Writing Custom Crypters
This lab allows the student privileged access so debugging tools can be run without problems. We are well aware of the security implications but have decided to provide this lab so our students can benefit. Any abuse of this lab will lead to a permanent ban from using our services.
- msfpayload is replaced with msfvenom
- Libemu directory is located in SLAE directory
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com