IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
PostgreSQL Recon: Basics
linux-security-recon-sqldbs | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
In this challenge we will look at the basics of PosgreSQL server reconnaissance. Please start the lab and answer the following questions:
- What is the version of Postgres server?
- How many databases are present on the server?
- Create a database user named Hacker on the server.
- Find the system password hash of user "dbadministrator".
- How many database users are present on the database server? Lists their names and password hashes.
- Retrieve the flag kept in FLAG file located at home directory of user dbadministrator.
- List all the databases stored on the postgresql server using interactive client psql.
- Find the number of records present in table “company” in database “employee” stored on the postgresql server using interactive client psql.
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a root terminal of a Kali instance
- Your Kali has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.Z. Run "ip addr" to know the values of X and Y.
- The Target machine should be located at the IP address 192.X.Y.3.
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
|1.||Retrieve the flag kept in FLAG file located at home directory of user dbadministrator:||
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org