IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Apache web error logs are in the file error.log. Answer the following questions using basic Linux utilities like grep, awk, sort, uniq etc.
- How many requests were made for non-existent pages?
- How many unique usernames were used to bruteforce the basic authentication protected page?
- Create a list of all unique usernames used to bruteforce the basic authentication protected page?
- How many requests were made to perform directory traversal or Local File Inclusion attack? And, also list the files which attacker was trying to access.
- How many URLs were request in path bruteforcing attack?
- Create a list of all unique URLs used during the path bruteforcing.
- Print the super-set of all type of errors present in the log file?
Dataset used: http://www.almhuette-raith.at/apache-log/error.log
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org